Homeless Information Systems Analyst
Department of Citizen Services
$18.79 hourly salary (Grade C10)
37.5 hour position with full benefit package
Apply By: Friday April 29, 2016 @ 5:00 p.m.
Apply on-line: ccgovernment.carr.org
Call the Carroll County Job Hotline at (410) 386-2020 to request an employment application
Call (410) 386-2129 for employment inquiries
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES Maintains, supports, and provides training for Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and agency staff in HMIS design, use, documentation, training, problem solving and projects in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
ESSENTIAL TASKS include the following; other duties may be assigned.
1. Meet with agencies to determine use of HMIS software as a daily tool for improved efficiency of operations; provide demonstrations to potential clients
2. Coordinate Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) with Department of Social Services, Local Management Board, Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and non-profit agencies and software vendor for improved efficiency of data collection operations
3. Analyze projects, determine customer’s needs, design appropriate processes to achieve goals and support clients on an on¬going basis.
4. Develop customization of the HMIS database to help meet customer needs; create special fields within the system and reports as needed by agencies and the grants office for the purpose of aggregated data in obtaining grants within HMIS
5. Coordinate and provide connection, maintenance, and upgrades with DTS and end users
6. Design and monitor processes for maintenance of HMIS for data collection, analysis, monitor accuracy of data, reports, and transmission data
7. Perform quality review of HMIS records to monitor program compliance
8. Provide training, technical assistance and communicate changes for use and application of HMIS system
9. Facilitate Carroll County Circle of Caring Homeless Board HMIS Committee and represent County at the MD State Administrators Collaborative
10. Write and present reports requested by the Executive Committee
11. Any employee may be identified as Essential Personnel during emergency situations
12. Provide service to customers by answering questions, providing information, making referrals, and assuring appropriate follow-through and/or resolution
1. Valid driver’s license
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
2. Relational Database Experience generating reports preferably with Business Objects/Crystal Reports/ART * *
3. Two years experience in system analysis and design
4. Experience with microcomputer installation and software installation*
* A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications
Carroll County is an equal opportunity employer
The County Commissioners of Carroll County recognize the rights of all people, including County employees, to equal opportunity. Discrimination against County employees on the basis of age, religion, gender, race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability is strictly prohibited. The Americans with Disabilities Act, Titles I and II, applies to County government employment. If you have questions, suggestions, or complaints, please contact Kimberly L. Frock, Director and Carroll County Government Americans with Disabilities Coordinator for employment, at the Department of Human Resources (410-386-2129) or Md. Relay 711/800-735-2258. The mailing address is 225 North Center Street, Westminster, MD 21157.