Happy Holidays and Exciting News from SNAPS


Is this email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development HUD Exchange Mailing List

Happy Holidays and Exciting News from SNAPS


As we celebrate the Holidays and the end of the year is upon us, I wanted to take a moment and say thank you once again for all of the work that you do day in and day out to serve men, women, and children who are experiencing homelessness in our communities. I am grateful that we have so many talented and dedicated people working to end homelessness across the country.

With no Continuum of Care application deadline looming, I hope that you are enjoying a restful and peaceful holiday season with friends and family. We hope to keep it that way in years to come!

I also wanted to share with you some exciting news. Earlier this year, after a lot of consideration I accepted the job of Deputy Assistant Secretary for Special Needs (vacated by Mark Johnston when he retired), and began the search for the new Director for the Office of Special Needs Assistance Programs (SNAPS). This was not an easy choice—SNAPS has been my home for more than seven years and I love the work that we do. But I am confident that it was the right choice and that our team is getting even stronger.

It is my pleasure to announce the selection of Mr. Norm Suchar as the new Director of the SNAPS Office. Norm brings to the Department a wealth of national and local experience on the issue of homelessness, as well as an incredible passion for the work and the mission of the Department. Many of you know Norm from his years with the National Alliance to End Homelessness. Norm takes over as the Director effective December 29.  

We are pleased to have him join the team. Please join me in giving Norm a warm welcome.

Ann Marie Oliva
Deputy Assistant Secretary for Special Needs
Acting Director, Office of Special Needs Assistance Programs