Baltimore County Department of Planning is seeking qualified candidates for its Homeless Services Assistant position. Please send cover letter and resume via email to: email@example.com
Homeless Services Assistant
Salary: $32,169 - $35,000
POSITION TYPE: 34 hours w/Full Benefits
The Human Services Assistant is responsible for working in the Baltimore County Department of Planning in the areas of assistance within homeless services to include homeless program monitoring, Continuum of Care activities, public education activities, assistance with implementation of the Baltimore County 10-year Plan to End Homelessness, assistance with Human Service Information System (HMIS).
REPORTS TO: Homeless Services Administrator
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in maintaining client related data systems, complete HMIS entries.
· Assist with on-going program oversight to homeless services grantees including: tracking of monthly reports to state funded programs, conducting monitoring, and providing support and assistance where needed.
· Assist with the implementation of “A Home for All,” 10-year plan to end homelessness in Baltimore County through the staffing of subcommittees such as the Coordinated Assessment and Housing. Assist with the creation and updates of plan implementation plans.
· Provide diversion support to Baltimore County Screening Unit for clients who are in need of shelter.
· Assist with all Continuum of Care related activities including planning for Homeless Roundtable meetings, staffing subcommittees, coordinating the completion of annual performance reports and providing support to Roundtable members where needed.
· Design and conduct community education presentations on homelessness throughout Baltimore County.
· Attend Baltimore County Communities for the Homeless Board meetings and staff the Consumer Advisory Committee.
· Assist with planning Annual Homeless Memorial
· Assist with planning Annual Rally for the Homeless
· Assist with planning and conducting annual Point-in-Time Count of the Homeless by coordinating with community-based organizations, conducting volunteer training, staffing dispatch centers on the day of the count and entering and compiling data from the count.
· Assist with committees and special programs as they arise such as Prevention Workgroup, etc.
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements for this Position:
- 4 year degree in human services or comparable combination of education/work related experience required;
- Working knowledge of homeless programs;
- Experience working with homeless individuals and families a plus;
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
Please send cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org